This are the core activity of the company. It encompasses the management of the contractual and financial elements from inception to completion of the project. This can be as either Employer’s Agent or Contract Administrator depending on the Form of Contract and Quantity Surveyor. Services include:-
- Providing initial cost advice to establish the indicative cost of a project. From the first meeting it may be an indicative cost based on similar projects. This will progress into the preparation of Cost Plans based on initial scheme plans.
- Preparation of a Financial Appraisal that provide project costs including land, building and fees set against the projected value of the project to ascertain profit expectations which enables the client to make a valued judgement as to whether to proceed with the project or not.
- Advise on the most appropriate form of tendering for the project. This relates to the risk the client is prepared to take as different methods of tendering have associated risks attached to them.
- Preparation of tender documents and overall management of the tendering process including close liason with the client, funds, design team and prospective contractors.
- Preparation of contract documents and the management of the formal appointment of the contractor for a project including any third party warranties that may be required by a fund or tenant.
- Post contract management of the project during the build process including managing the contract on behalf of the client, chairing site meetings, resolving issues on site , preparation of interim valuations, valuing variations resulting from changes to the proposed works and preparation and agreement of the final accounts for projects, snagging works on completion of the project.